Across the world, millions of people perceive their skin as being sensitive and these numbers are growing. Sensitìv is the Rooibos solution for sensitive skin.
A sensitive skin and a sensitised skin exhibit the same symptoms and triggers, so it may be difficult to distinguish between the two. Understanding the differences could help you understand this skin care challenge and help you provide the best solution to your customer.
Include Forever Healthy products such as: OptiFlora, Zerotox, OptiMega
• Sensitive skin is caused by a genetic predisposition (DNA).You are born with it!
• These people are prone to blushing, asthma and allergies
• It is not limited to fair or red-haired individuals. It is now evident that darker skin tones can also have a sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is prone to many skin conditions like:
• Atopic dermatitis or Seborrheic dermatitis
• Sensitised skin is a growing concern worldwide that affects people regardless of race, colour or age
• It can be caused by:
– exposure to environmental influences, such as pollution and UV rays from the sun
– drastic changes in climate
– lifestyle: lack of sleep, stress, smoking, improper skin care regimes
Sensitive and Sensitised skin both result in a weakness in the skin’s protective outer layer (epidermal lipid barrier)
Unit standard: Beginners course
At the end of this module, you must be able to:
- Know the difference between sensitive and sensitised skin
- Know the 6 differences that make Annique unique
- Know the benefits of Soothing Moisturiser
- Know the key active ingredients