Rooibos & Fennel – 50g
Annique’s Rooibos & Fennel tea (previously Metabolism tea) with fennel helps to stimulate your metabolism and may suppress your appetite and the desire for sweet food. Metabolism tea is only effective for weightloss when used in conjunction with an energy-controlled diet, like Annique’s Lifestyle Programme, and an increase in physical activity and exercise. Fennel can help to relax the intestines and reduce bloating caused by digestive disorders.
In the Indian subcontinent, fennel seeds are also eaten raw, sometimes with some sweetener, as it is said to improve eyesight. Ancient Romans regarded fennel as the herb of sight. Root extracts were often used in tonics to clear cloudy eyes.
Fennel is an effective diuretic and a potential herb for the treatment of hypertension. Antioxidants found in Rooibos tea can help to protect against damage caused by free radicals, including premature ageing. The tea is caffeine free, low in tannins, rich in minerals and boasts a high volume of antioxidants.
- Pour boiling water in cup, add one bag of tea and let it steep for 2 – 5 minutes or boil the tea on the stove for 2 – 5 minutes.
- Drink as is, preferably without milk and sugar
- Can be enjoyed cold, especially on a hot summer’s day. However, ensure that you keep the tea in the fridge for no longer than 48 hours
- Not recommended for children younger than (2) years
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women need to consult their healthcare practitioner before drinking Rooibos & Fennel Tea
Key active ingredients:
- Rooibos (Aspalathus Linearis)
- Fennel (Foeniculum Vulgare)
- Helps to suppress appetite and desire for sweet foods
- Helps to improve eyesight
- Helps to relax the intestines
- An effective diuretic
- Helps to treat hypertension
- Helps to stimulate metabolism
- Helps to reduce bloating caused by digestive disorders