Every cell in the human body contains zinc, a crucial trace mineral. It is an essential building block used by 200+ enzymes in the body and is necessary for human biological function. In fact, more enzymatic reactions involve zinc than any other mineral.
The majority of enzymes are made up of a protein, an important mineral, and potentially a vitamin. An enzyme cannot work effectively if it lacks the necessary mineral or vitamins. Almost every system in the body is affected by low zinc levels because of its crucial function in so many enzymes.
Zinc is necessary for the proper functioning of several bodily hormones, including insulin, growth hormone, and sex hormones like testosterone and estrogen, in addition to its role in enzymes. It also helps your immune system and metabolism.
For optimal health, zinc levels must be adequate. There are numerous advantages to zinc. Proper immunological function, wound healing, cognitive and sensory functions, sexual function, and skin health all depend on it.
Do you suffer from:
- Hair loss
- Changes in their nails
- Feeling irritable
- Loss of appetite
- Eye problems
- Weight loss
- Wounds that take a long time to heal
- Lack of taste and smell
Increased Requirement of Zinc in the human body?
- Old age
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Oral contraceptive use
- Growth spurts and puberty
- Boosts the immune system
- Decreases risk of preterm birth
- Supports childhood growth
- Manages blood sugar
- Slows the progression of macular degeneration
- Clears up acne
- Promotes a healthy heart and blood vessels
- Older people
- Woman who are pregnant
- Women using Oral contraceptive
- Youth who are going through growth spurts and puberty
- In tablet form, easier to consume than powder form
- Tablets are odourless, flavourless
- Tablets are small and easy to swallow
- Included absorption properties offered by green Rooibos
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Take 1 tablet per day after a meal. Take 2 hours before or after antibiotics. It can decrease the capacity of quinolone or tetracycline antibiotics to fight bacteria if you take oral zinc at the same time.
- Suitable from the age of 12 years
- Zinc is possibly safe when used short-term when pregnant or breast-feeding. Consult with your healthcare professional before using it. Low zinc levels may prolong labour or contribute to preterm birth.