NEW Iron 30 Tablets
Iron is a nutrient that has a variety of vital functions in the body, including preserving your health and energy. Low iron levels are typical and can result in bothersome symptoms including fatigue, lack of focus, and recurrent illnesses. Iron deficiency, however, is not always simple to detect, particularly in its early stages and food changes alone are often ineffective at treating a deficiency, so iron supplements are an excellent option.
Functions of iron
How does Iron work in the body?
Red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body, are made healthier by the body with the aid of iron. Anaemia can result from your iron supply becoming too low due to factors like blood loss, pregnancy, or eating too little iron.
Symptoms of low Iron Levels in the body:
- Extreme fatigue
- Pale skin
- Chest pain, fast heartbeat or shortness of breath
- Headache, dizziness or light-headedness
- Cold hands and feet
- Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
- Brittle nails
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
- Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with Iron Deficiency Anemia (IDA)
You could have an iron deficiency
If you have any of these symptoms, talk to your doctor about diagnostic testing options to help determine whether you have IDA or low iron levels. Remember that these signs and symptoms are often the most obvious when low iron levels lead to IDA. Because of this, particularly in the early stages of iron depletion, you might have low iron levels even though you don’t exhibit any of these symptoms. Checking your iron levels regularly can be an excellent method to spot low iron levels and address them before they might become IDA.
When might iron supplements be useful?
Iron supplements can be used to treat anaemia caused by iron deficiency or to raise low iron levels. It is often regarded as the preferred form of treatment since it can deliver faster results than diet adjustments. If a person is unable to maintain a healthy iron status through diet alone, supplements can be very beneficial.
- Helps deliver oxygen to organs
- Boosts energy
- Supports growth and development
- Supports the immune system
- Women who menstruate heavily
- People who frequently donate blood
- Those who suffer from gastrointestinal conditions including celiac disease, ulcerative colitis, or Crohn’s disease
- People who use iron-depleting drugs, like those used to lower stomach acid
- Those exercise often
- Those who consume only vegetarian or vegan diets
- People who drink alcohol often
- In tablet form, easier to consume than powder form
- Tablets are odourless, flavourless
- Tablets are small and easy to swallow
- Included health properties offered by green Rooibos, like heart health benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
Taking iron supplements when they’re not necessary could be harmful to your health because it can create digestive problems and impair the absorption of other nutrients in your stomach if you have too much iron in your diet.
Therefore, before taking iron supplements, always consult your healthcare provider about having your or your child’s iron status tested and always go by their dosage recommendations.
Directions of use:
- Take 1 tablet per day after a meal.
- Suitable from the age of 12 years