OptiFlora+ 30 Vegicaps
Do you suffer from:
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Lactose intolerance
- Skin conditions like eczema
- Sore throat
- Chronic infections
- Prolonged times of stress
- Inflammatory diseases like allergies and asthma
- Constipation or any intestinal disorder like:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need OptiFlora+!
Good health starts in the gut. An imbalance between good and bad organisms in the digestive tract can lead to poor digestion, discomfort in the gut and many illnesses develop as a result of prolonged imbalances in the gut. The entire gut lining is replenished every 4 days, so continual supplementation for probiotics is key for great health.
Most people have less than optimal digestive systems, leading to poor absorption of nutrients and allowing harmful bacteria to multiply in the body. The digestive system contains beneficial micro-organisms and enzymes that break down and absorb nutrients from food and acts as a barrier against infections in the intestines.
Probiotics are “live microorganisms, indigenous to the human intestinal tract, which when consumed in adequate quantities improve the intestinal microbial balance and positively affect the functioning of the human intestinal tract and general health”.
Probiotic means ‘for life’ in Greek. These friendly micro-organisms, when taken in adequate amounts, form the core of nutritional supplements, as their use positively influences the whole body and your overall health.
Numerous factors can affect the composition of beneficial intestinal microflora, which can lead to many health challenges. The following factors destroy beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract:
- Frequent use of antibiotics
- Incorrect diet and yo-yo dieting
- Impaired peristalsis
- A compromised immune system
- Environmental pollution
7 signs of gut imbalance
- Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bloating, belching, indigestion, diarrhoea, cramps
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Skin conditions like acne or eczema
- Immune system deficiencies
- Undesirable changes in bowel movements
- Thrush causing candida and other fungal infections
- Taking antibiotics, contraceptive pills and hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Taking a probiotic supplement, like OptiFlora+, will ensure that the maximum nutrition is extracted from food and supplements and allows the digestive system to function optimally and heal itself. (see below what factors are responsible for destroying and disrupting healthy intestinal flora). It can even aid the body in producing vitamins and help build the immune system to ward off illness!
Every single person should be taking a probiotic supplement. Its benefits are vast, from soothing digestive problems to clearing skin problems like eczema and allergies to strengthening your immune system. In our quest to improve our product ranges, Annique is proud to introduce a new and improved OptiFlora+, now with 15 strains and a total of 18 billion CFUs of probiotics.
The NEW Forever Healthy OptiFlora+ now contains 18 times more probiotics, amounting 18 billion colony forming units than the previous formula. We have removed the prebiotics from the formula, as it causes some instability in the previous OptiFlora formula.
Best taken on an empty stomach
- Best taken with water
- Take one capsule per day
- We advise that you seek medical advice from your health care practitioner if you are on medication or suffer from any medical condition before starting any new medicine, supplement or remedy.
- Not recommended for children under the age of 12
Time of day
- AM or PM. Probiotics are most effective when they have been taken on an empty stomach to make sure the good bacteria make it to the gut as quickly as possible. The best time to take a probiotic is either first thing in the morning before eating breakfast or before going to sleep at night.
Please see below a comparison of the previous and new OptiFlora+:
Nr of Probiotic Strains
Total nr. of CFUs (colony forming units)
Ingredients per capsule
TOTAL number of CFUs
- Replenishment and maintenance of the beneficial intestinal flora (see below what factors are responsible for destroying and disrupting healthy intestinal flora).
- Prevention and treatment of diarrhea
- Prevention and treatment of intestinal disorders:
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Spastic colon
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Prevention and treatment of Candida albicans overgrowth
- Enhancement of mineral absorption
- Alleviation of lactose intolerance symptoms
Did you know probiotics can help you lose weight?
- Metabolism: Gut bacteria harvest energy from the food that you eat. They play a crucial role in your metabolism that directly influences weightloss or gain
- Hormonal Balance: Gut bacteria regulate the release of gut hormones. These hormones control blood sugar and encourage satiety (the feeling of being “full”)
- Inflammation: Unhealthy gut bacteria produce toxins that trigger a systemic inflammatory response. Research shows that people who suffer from obesity or type 2 diabetes have higher levels of toxins in their systems. Inflammation is the major cause of disease in our modern age
- Leaky Gut: Intestinal inflammation, or leaky gut, drives obesity and problems with blood sugar. When the gut barrier is “leaky,” bacterial toxins make their way into the bloodstream. Probiotics (like Bifidobacteria) can reduce gut leakiness and blood sugar levels
Did you know?
70% of disease starts in the gut
Annique, together with an International microbiologist formulated the new OptiFlora+. This advanced 15 strain probiotic is a first from a South African company.
What makes OptiFlora+ different from other probiotics?
The average probiotic strain count of products available in South African is 9 strains and marketed as advanced or intensive. OptiFlora+ contains 15 strains.
What makes the OptiFlora+ stand out?
The formulation includes 10 billion CFU Bacillus Subtilus Spores and sets the new standard in formulation of probiotics globally.
Benefits of Bacillus Subtilus Spores
- Restores the normal gut microbiota
- Reduces diarrhea
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Reduces the risk of infection in the gut
- Dental health – Reduced dental plaque in humans
- Decreases weight gain
Q: Why do we need probiotics?
A: New research is published daily on the numerous benefits of probiotics, from better digestion to improved brain function and immune system. The constant sanitising, stress and infections that we are exposed to, destroy our friendly bacteria and if we do not replace them we leave the door open for all the bad bacteria. In some cases, covid and/or the vaccination could affect the good gut bacteria.
Q: How long after taking it will I experience a change?
A: Depending on the level of depletion, it can take a month before your system settles to a new normal.
Q: Are there side-effects?
A: Some people may experience bloating or diarrhoea because their digestive system is not used to good bacteria. This normally takes ten to fourteen days to settle.
Q: Is there interaction with medication?
A: There are no known interactions with medication. However, it may improve the condition for which you are being treated.
Q: When is best time to take probiotics?
A: Probiotics are most effective when they have been taken on an empty stomach to make sure the good bacteria make it to the gut as quickly as possible. The best time to take a probiotic is either first thing in the morning before eating breakfast or before going to sleep at night.
Q: Why does it not contain a prebiotic?
A: The capsule space occupied by a prebiotic can be used better with extra probiotic strains. By eating a small apple or banana before taking the capsule is equal to a prebiotic.
Q: Can I take it with antibiotics?
A: Yes, in fact we suggest that you do. Antibiotics can be effective in treating bad bacteria, but it also wipes out good bacteria. Taking probiotics like OptiFlora+ is beneficial to replenish good bacteria in the gut. Take probiotics at least 1 hour after antibiotics.
People struggling with
- Gut and digestive tract disorders
- Compromised immunity
- Metabolic disorders
- Bacterial, viral, fungal infections
- Diabetes symptoms
- Auto immune disorders
- Skin conditions, psoriasis, eczema, acne and blood disorders