Green Rooibos Tea – 50g
Green Rooibos tea is unfermented and supplies much more antioxidants, flavonoids, and aspalathin than normal tea. These properties play an essential role in rejuvenation. Rejuvenate your body and skin from within. Rinsing or spraying the body with this tea will bring relief to sensitive and/or problem skin.
Green Rooibos tea is believed to have antispasmodic properties, calm intestinal spasms and eases digestive upsets. People who experience nausea, stomach ulcers or heartburn may benefit from drinking this tea. Due to its high content of flavonoids, Green Rooibos tea is commonly used to treat respiratory disorders, as the flavonoids have selective bronchodilator effects and help to reduce inflammation.
Because of the low tannin content in Rooibos tea, Annique Green Rooibos tea has a very subtle taste.
It contains 10 times more antioxidants and 10 times more flavonoid aspalathin than normal Rooibos tea. Aspalathin is a remarkable antioxidant specific to the Rooibos plant. Like regular Rooibos tea, Green Rooibos tea is naturally caffeine free and is a wonderful anti-ageing treatment that is safe for expecting and nursing mums and babies from the age of 6 months.
What is the Difference Between Red and Green Rooibos Tea
South African-grown Rooibos is a herbal tea made from the plant. The fermented red rooibos kind is the most popular and widely available. However, there is also a green variety that is not fermented. In addition to being uncommon, green rooibos is also very new and may contain more antioxidants.
Unlike green tea, green rooibos is completely caffeine free.
- Pour boiling water in cup, add one bag of tea and let it steep for 2 – 5 minutes or boil the tea on the stove for 2 – 5 minutes.
- Drink as is, preferably without milk and sugar
- Can be enjoyed cold, especially on a hot summer’s day. However, ensure that you keep the tea in the fridge for no longer than 48 hours
- Not recommended for children younger than (2) years. If consumed in moderation, fenugreek tea is perfectly healthy for kids. However, giving kids high doses is not recommended.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women need to consult their healthcare practitioner before drinking Rooibos & Fenugreek tea
- Green Rooibos – (Aspalathus Linearis)
- 100% unfermented Green Rooibos Tea.
- Helps to reduce inflammation and can be used to treat respiratory disorders.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- Helps to relieve stomach aches and pains, heartburn and indigestion.
- Helps to slow down the ageing process and helps destroy harmful free radicals.
- Helps to boost the immune system.
- Helps stabilise blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
- Fights Fat.
- Protects Bone Health.
- Reduce cancer risk.